Monday, October 30, 2017

Home made burgers buns (vegan)

--> recette en français




    A year ago, almost to the day, I published the recipe of pink burgers with beetroot buns and patties (here). I had wanted to make some again since but with buns more sweet and moist like brioche and less bread because they're my favorite. So I made a new burger recipe that I'll publish by the end of the week.


   I don't often take time to make bakery, however I love it, I like to knead the dough for bread, brioche and else and watch it rise slowly like magic. I don't have a food processor so I do everything by hand but I like this step I find relaxing like those little foam balls you knead inside of your palm to destress yourself.  And after all, this is not so long, you just have to think about the rise time ahead.


   If you're more of a fan of moist brioche buns, this recipe is for you and you can use it for burgers or just sandwiches or toasted for breakfast or appetizers. 


   And if you like to make your own sandwiches, have a look at the sandwich section of the blog to discover worldwide specialties like the piadina recipe





Home made burgers buns (vegan)


Prep time : 20 minutes
Resting time : 1 hour + 30 minutes
Cooking time : 15 to 20 minutes
Serving : 4 buns



- 1 flax egg* (1 tbsp flax seeds + 1,5 tbsp water)
- 60 ml / 2 fl. oz / 1/4 cup plant-based milk (I used soy)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (I used melted coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp organic whole sugar (or other non-refined sugar)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp baker's dry yeast (about 5 g / 0,18 oz)
- 215 g / 7,58 oz T55 flour + a little more to knead


*If you don't have anything to grind the flax seeds, you can substitute them with chia seeds because they don't need to be ground to free their mucilage. 



  • Begin with grinding the flax seeds, then add the water and let it rest for 10 minutes, the mixture should become gelatinous like egg white.

  • In a mixing bowl, mix in the milk, oil, flax egg, sugar and salt.

  • In a bowl, pour 60 ml / 2 fl. oz / 1/4 cup warm water (not hot!) and sprinkle the baker's yeast in it, then let it rest for 1 to 2 minutes until completely dissolved.

  • Stir in the mixing bowl.

  • Add the flour and stir with a tablespoon then continue kneading with your hands for about 10 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, you can add some flour (about 1 tbsp), careful, not too much, the dough must stay soft.

  • Cover with a clean linen and let rise for 1 hour in a warm place like a pre-haeted oven at 20/30°C (68 to 86°F), the dough should have doubled its volume.

  • Press the fist in the center of the dough to free the gaz and shape a ball again, cut in 4 and shape 4 balls, then lay them on a baking tray covered with baking sheet.

  • Cover with the linen and let rise for about 30 to 45 minutes at ambient temperature, the dough balls should double their size.

  • Pre-heat the oven at 170°C/338°F, brush the top with plant-based milk and sprinkle seeds of your choice (flax, poppy, squash, sesame, etc.) if you want.

  • Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, watch the buns, they should be just golden.



--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram with  #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva! You can also share your opinion on tried recipes you have pinned in Pinterest.




Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)



Yum

--> recette en français

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)