Thursday, February 23, 2017

Avocado mango green smoothie bowl

--> recette en français



    If you're not familiar with those famous green smoothies, don't worry, they're good! You just need to put the right fruit (and greens) in the right quantities. I didn't do this on purpose but a year ago, I published a tutorial on what is a smoothie bowl and how to build one. To my surprising,  this article is one of the most read and pinned on Pinterest!

   In Fall or Winter, I'm more about comforting and warm breakfasts and snacks such as porridge, I keep cold ones for summer. But as I've been in a green smoothie mood lately - making me one once a day - I realized I had never made a green smoothie bowl. A green smoothie is a smoothie made of fruit, veggies (neuter such a spinach) and a liquid (water, milk, coconut water...). It had been a while since I wanted to try avocado in a smoothie but had never dared even if I have already used it in sweet recipes such as this cake or this hazelnut chocolate spread. In the norther hemisphere, its plain season is straddling Fall, Winter and the early Spring, from October to April.


   Avocado brings not only monounsaturated (good fat), it's rich in fibers and it makes smoothies... smooth and creamy. I added spinach (as in almost every smoothie I make) for their richness in antioxidants, fibers but also iron even if this one is quite weak unlike the famous Popeye myth. My favorite fruit in smoothies, beside raspberries, is mango and a good ripe and sugary mango will bring enough sweetness and mask the avocado and spinach taste that some people could not appreciate (even if it's not unpleasant to me). I didn't put any banana for once because I know some don't like its taste. And to blend all this, I used plant-based milk and water, that's it.


   Then, you can just add fresh fruit pieces, granola, cereal flakes, seeds or other superfood, do not hesitate to draw your inspiration from this article or Instagram, there are even some smoothie bowls feeds to get ideas. Of course, this smoothie bowl can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack or whenever you want. 





Avocado mango green smoothie bowl


Prep time : 10 minutes
Serving : 1 to 2 bowls


- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 1 good handful baby spinach
- 1 ripe mango
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup / 4,23 fl. oz milk of your choice (almond for me)
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup / 4,23 fl. oz water
- liquid sugar (agave or maple syrup - optionnal)
- topping : fresh fruit, cereal flakes (millet for me), seeds (flax, poppy and pumpkin seeds for me), granola, superfood (goji berries, chia seeds, etc.), dried flowers, and more according to your imagination.




  • Cut the mango in half, dice the flesh of the first half and put into the bowl of a blender. Remove the bone and cut the other half to the 1/3 : dice the bigger part and put into the blender and cut the smaller part in strips, dices or forms with a knife or a pastry cutter and keep aside.

  • In the bowl of the blender, add the flesh, diced, of the half avocado, the baby spinach, the milk and water (you can also put only water or only milk) and blend. Taste and add a splash of some liquid sugar if needed.

  • Pour into one or two bowls and add fresh fruit and other topping of your choice before enjoying it.


--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram with #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva! You can also share your opinion on tried recipe you have pinned in Pinterest from now on.




Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)



--> recette en français



Yum

1 comment:

  1. Highlights. Most of the fats in avocados are healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Avocados are a good source of dietary fiber. Avocados are healthy, but should be eaten in moderation because they’re high in calories.

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)